18 Dec ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT CARING FOR YOUR DENTAL IMPLANT
If you just got a dental implant, congratulations! You chose one of the best solutions for your missing tooth in your mouth. With a 95% success rate, were sure youre enjoying the benefits of having a more secure appearance and solution to your absent tooth. How are you doing with caring for your implant? Its remarkable how similar care for your dental implant is to caring for your regular teeth, isnt it?
Following your dental implant treatment you will want to follow some steps to optimize its effectiveness.
- Maintain a regular routine of brushing twice a day and flossing once per day.
- Continue your regular check-ups with Cardinal Dental in St. Peters, Missouri, or a dentist in your area.
- Make sure youve kept all of your follow-up appointments with the dental professional that placed your implant and performed your restorative work.
- If your dentist gives you a special tool to use to clean around your implant, use it as instructed.
- If you smoke or drink excessive alcohol, it could compromise the effectiveness of your implant.
- Always contact your dentist if you begin experiencing any sort of pain, discomfort or problems.
Cardinal Dental is happy to discuss all of your dental implant questions for you. Dr. Blalock will be happy to help guide you into the next steps for you and your dental needs. If you havent decided if dental implants are right for you yet, come in and discover the difference an implant can make in making your smile more secure and complete!
Posted on behalf of Cardinal Dental