18 Dec BEST FOODS TO MAINTAIN BRIGHT SMILES AFTER PROFESSIONAL WHITENING – ST. PETERS, MO
Teeth Whitening is the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedure nowadays due to its fast and effective results in making smiles bright and beautiful. Due to its popularity, many over the counter products can now be purchased in drugstores and online for whitening the teeth at home. However, dentists do not recommend these products since it can cause irritations to the gums and also provide an uneven whitening.
Professional teeth whitening procedures are performed by dentists using medical-grade gels and trays that are custom-made for each patient. It is to guarantee a perfect fit without irritating the gums and providing a more effective whitening treatment.
At Cardinal Dental, we offer Professional teeth whitening procedure using products that are proven to be effective in providing brighter smiles. The dentist guarantees that the patients would receive a safe procedure without causing any discomfort.
Teeth whitening procedure works by breaking down the stains that have accumulated on the teeths surface over time. Some of the factors that can cause discolorations are foods and beverages with intense colors, poor hygiene, bad habits, or even age. Depending on the product used, the procedure can brighten the teeth up to 8 times whiter.
Best Foods that can Help Maintain Whiter Teeth
- Strawberries. The fruit may have a bright color but its primary component Malic Acid acts as a natural remover of stain buildups on the enamel. It can be eaten directly or used as toothpaste by mashing and putting it on a toothbrush. After eating strawberries, it is best to brush and rinse the mouth since it also contains sugar that can cause the teeth harm.
- Seeds and Nuts (sunflower, almonds, cashew, or walnut). The texture of nuts and seeds which is abrasive helps in naturally scrubbing the teeth when being chewed removing stain buildups.
- Crunchy Fruits and Vegetables (apples, celery, or carrots). Its texture makes it as a natural scrub that can remove surface stains and stuck food particles. These products are also known to increase saliva production which is essential in keeping the whole mouth clean. Saliva acts as a natural mouthwash that can remove food particles in all areas of the mouth to prevent it from accumulating and causing damage to the teeth.
- Dairy Products (cheese, yogurt, or milk). Lactic acid from these products is helpful in the protection against tooth decay that can result in cavities. Proteins from yogurt are also known to prevent the harmful attacks of acids that can cause damage.
- Oranges. Compared to other citrus fruits oranges are not acidic and can even help in whitening the teeth. The flesh of the fruit can balance the acids on the mouth that can cause decay. The orange peel can be rubbed to the enamel that can fight off plaque and also reduce its build up.
Teeth whitening not only helps in correcting discolorations but also help boost the confidence of a person to smile brightly without worries.
Give your smile a boost! Book an appointment with Cardinal Dental and check out our Teeth Whitening service in St. Peters, MO. We are located at 1400 Triad Center Drive St Peters, MO 63376.